Microdermabrasion is a very popular procedure that deals with resurfacing and replenishing the facial skin as well as acne treatment. It is considered to be harmless and effective, making it one of the top choices for individuals who wish to have a smoother, clearer and glowing skin. With this, they may be curious about the microdermabrasion cost and procedures as well as the possible side effects of the treatment.
Microdermabrasion- How is it Done?
Microdermabrasion is a noninvasive treatment that makes use of microdermabrasion machine to promote the smooth flow of crystals all over the skin. The crystals are composed of baking soda, organic compounds and aluminum oxide. Along with the vacuum action of the machines, these chemicals stimulates the blood flow and promotes the exfoliation of the top most layer of epidermis which is why it is also referred to as “chemical peel”.
The procedure can be performed by a doctors, nurses as well as estheticians that are considered to be experts in skin care. Since the introduction of this treatment in the year 1997 in the United States, it has become one of the essential services of doctor’s clinics, skin care centers, parlors and spas.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Essentially, the cost of microdermabrasion treatments rely on the outcomes that need to be achieved. The price may vary according to the treatment and in order to justify themicrodermabrasion costit will be best to have a clear idea of its many benefits which are as follows:
- It offers less invasive or non-surgical facelift option, resulting to youthful glow.
- It offers an effective way to eliminate blemishes and acne scars.
- It removes wrinkles and other skin imperfections.
- It is more economical and guaranteed to be effective.
- It is known to be less harmful and have no or fewer side effects.
With all these wonderful benefits there can be no need to undergo invasive and costly procedures that may be dangerous than microdermabrasion treatments. The latter makes more sense since it poses less side effects and is more affordable.
Factors That Affect the Cost
The cost of the treatment depends on several factors so those who would like to undergo microdermabrasion must be aware of these so that they will understand why the prices may vary from case to case basis. Here are the several factors that affect microdermabrasion cost:
- Type of treatment- In general, the type of treatment determines the amount that you will have to pay. Basically, traditional microdermabrasion peeling is priced at $100 to $150 each session. However, diamond peeling tends to be more expensive as it is safer. Diamond microdermabrasion costs around $150 to $250 each session.
- Location of treatment- The cost depends on where the treatment will be held. Usually, salons and spas offer the lowest prices at $100 to $150 each session. Renowned derma clinics charge a higher price at $250 to $300 each session because professional dermatologists are more skilled to perform the procedure.
- Number of sessions- The cost also depends on how many sessions should be undertaken and this usually depends on the skin type. Basically, acne spots are easier to get rid of than aging or brown spots so these conditions will require more sessions. In totality, a microdermabrasion treatment is composed of six sessions that are performed in an interval of 10-14 days. Thus, the entire cost can be as much as $600 to $1500.
Microdermabrasion Cost of Home Kits
Undergoing microdermabrasion will truly cost some money but it is not as expensive as most surgical treatments and procedures out there in the market. However, some people further split the cost of the treatment by taking advantage of home microdermabrasion kits.
The kits consist of smaller machines ideal for home use. The machines can be bought at $50 up to $300 depending on the brand and these offer a great way to save money on several sessions of microdermabrasion treatment.
These machines can truly reduce the microdermabrasion costbut it must be noted that there is a need to purchase a constant supply of microdermabrasion supplies like aluminum oxide crystals that can be bought at $10 up to $100 each container. One container is sufficient for up to 30 treatments so considering home treatments can be a great way to experience the benefits of microdermabrasion at less expense.